Saturday 8 February 2014

Well, it's been over a year....

since I moved to the Big Smoke that is London. There's things I've had to get used to....


  • It's considered normal to be reading a copy of The Sun in public. The first time I witnessed this, was in my first week when some fella pulled it out his bag. I was fumin. Started lookin round for back up an to see who else was snarlin....but nobody was assed.
  • Kitten heels are a staple in a City Girls wardrobe. They purposefully go shopping for them. Really though, I'm norreven messin.
[For those who dunno what I mean by "City Girls", they're basically Girls who work in The City. Now I've not gone completely mad, I know London is a city, but for some strange reason, theres a part called The City Of London. It's where St Pauls is (no, I know it's not a patch on Paddy's Wigwam or The Red One, but wha can ya do ay?). And Bank. No not A Bank, but The Bank. Basically, it's where all the Suits work. I'll get onto that later].


  • If ya make an effort on a night out with ya clobber, ya from Essex.
  • Men singing to me on a regular basis on the tube.
  • People staring at ya on the tube. When I first got here I was mortified. Nobody gives eye contact in Liverpool without it being followed very quickly, usually from some teenage girl from Anfield shoutin "EEEEEEEE WORRA YA LOOKIN AAA"
  • This also applies to shoulder bargin.
  • Toms. Everywhere.
  • You appreciate Liverpool more once ya away.
  • Scousers are either loved or hated.
  • If you drink Still Water, you're basically a ming. Sparkling, everytime.
  • Hummous is eaten with flat bread and olives.
  • A Waitrose on every corner. Posh me now yano!
  • Lunch is Dinner, and Dinner is Tea.
  • The buses are 24hours. An on the reggers too, even at 3 in the morning!
  • Tubes are every 30 seconds. Which is boss until you go back to Liverpool and have to wait abar half an hour for a chocker 79 to town.
  • Everyone thinks I'm Irish or Scottish.
  • Hipsters fucking EVERYWHERE.
  • "Vintage Shops".....no....it's 2nd hand, stop bein a dick'ed.
  • Avacado's are boss.
               and
  • If ya lose ya Oyster Card, ya fucked.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment